The average full-time employee spends 2,080 hours of their year at work. That’s about half the typical person’s waking hours.
There are people whose job requires them to sit for long periods of time, and that type of work comes with its own set of problems. But today we’re here to talking about injuries that can happen when you’re on your feet all the time. Standing still, hiking all over a site or campus, hiking across uneven surfaces, standing on concrete, or trying to traverse slick floors.
What a pain. Literally. What a pain in the feet!
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that more than 60,000 foot injuries per year result in missed days at work. While the workplace might be more worried about the missed days, the employee who is injured—you—is probably more worried about your injured foot or feet.
What are the common types of workplace foot injuries that people experience? There are three main categories:
- Punctures, cuts, bruises, and crushed bones caused by heavy objects;
- Sprains, strains, and fractures caused by slipping and falling;
- On-going conditions such as soreness, fatigue, fallen arches, bunions, foot fungus, arthritis, etc., caused by long periods of standing, hard floors, and/or poor-quality footwear.
Assuming you aren’t wealthy enough to retire right now and save yourself the risk of these various foot injuries, what options are out there that could save your feet from these common injuries? Let’s look at them one-by-one.
- About 80% of workplace foot injuries are caused by objects weighing less than 30 pounds colliding with your foot. What you need to protect against object impact injuries are sturdy shoes or boots. A rugged outsole that you can count on, a wide toe box that leaves a little extra space around your foot, a reinforced toe, and tough protection that goes as far up your ankle as you need it to.
- Slip and fall injuries are common, but also easy to prevent. Get shoes with slip-resistant soles that will help your feet grip the floor even in unexpectedly slick conditions. Many of our shoes here at Z-CoiL come with slip-resistant soles and heels, and we also sell slip-resistant replacement heels. From nursing to retail to the shop floor, we can help you stay on your feet.
- The aches and pains that come from long hours on your feet on a hard surface can be dreadful! Plantar fasciitis, fallen arches, corns and bunions, sore feet, ankle, knees, hips, and back, the list of misery seems endless. For support and cushioning, we’re your resource! Pick of pair of shoes on our site—every single one of them is designed to protect against all those issues with our patented design.
A problem that sometimes comes up when you have to wear sturdy supportive shoes all day is sweaty feet and the odor and foot fungus that comes from that ongoing environment. If you can wear breathable shoes and still be safe at work, then breathable shoes are the way to go. But if you can’t, Z-CoiL makes a moisture-wicking insole that can help solve that problem. The proprietary material keeps your feet dry and your foot odor under control.
Click through our site and check out our options. Z-Coil has a 30-day guarantee that our shoes will reduce your foot pain or you can return them for a refund, so shop worry-free and see how good your feet can feel.